Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port capital of the Basque province of Lower Navarre is known as Donibane Garazi in Basque, it is a small town located on the Nive River, 8 kilometres from the Spanish border.
St Jean Pied de Port walled city is ranked among the most beautiful villages in France. Stroll the cobbled streets, go back to the time of the Kings of Navarre and contemplate the Nive du New Bridge. On the way to Compostela, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port has always been a strategic place located just 8 kilometres from the Spanish border. After visiting the main attractions of the city, stops take place at the artisan’s village of Osses, a pretty locality in lower Navarre.
St Jean Pied de Port
Saint Palais at the European ‘Crossroads of the Ways’. to Compostela is a haven of peace, knowledge and art in the heart of the Basque Country, in Lower Navarre.
Chateau at Saint Palais
Les Basse Landes boasts superb and varied panoramic views, endless pine forests, lakes, vineyards on hillsides, parks and floral gardens. If country walks are your thing, hike, cycle or getting on a horse are readily available. Get away from it all here. The waters offer fishing, and the Courant d’Huchet offers remarkably rich flora and fauna. Unique natural landscapes abound in Les Landes.
Les Basse Landes
• Bus/Coach picks you up and drops you off at your hotel.
• Biarritz to St Jean Pied de Port travel time approx 45mins
• St Jean Pied de Port to Lourdes travel time approx 45mins
• Guide meets/joins your bus-coach in Biarritz/lourdes
• Free-time in St Jean Pied de Port and villages, before you return.
• Hear the history of events that shaped the history of St Jean Pied de Port.
• Visit iconic sites, la Citadelle, Notre-Dame-du-Bout-du-Pont, Porte St-Jacques,
• Get tips on the best things to see and do in St Jean Pied de Port during your stay.
• Enjoy the magnificent views of St Jean Pied de Port and surrounding countryside.
Walking… El Camino
St Jean Pied de Port is famous for being one of the traditional starting points of the Way of St. James (the El Camino). Located on the Roncevaux Pass at the base of the Pyrenean Mountains, the name “Pied-de-Port” actually means “foot pass.” Being a walled town it has numerous gates. The most well-known is Porte St-Jacques which was along the Route of Santiago de Compostela in France, and made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1998.
Saint Palais at the European ‘Crossroads of the Ways’ to Compostela is a haven of peace, knowledge and art in the heart of the Basque Country, in Lower Navarre.
Les Basse Landes boasts superb and varied panoramic views, pine forests, and lakes, vineyards, parks and floral gardens. Get away from it all here. The waters offer fishing, and the Courant d’Huchet with remarkable rich flora and fauna. Unique natural landscapes abound in Les Landes.
• Transport from your hotel to St Jean Pied de Port and return.
• Guided walking tour of St Jean Pied de Port and its history.
• Hotel pick-up/drop-off in Biarritz or Lourdes.
• The services of a professional guide,
What’s Not Included?
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• Every day (excluding exceptional dates)
• Duration: All Day in St Jean Pied de Port, St Palais, & les Basse Landes.
• Departure point: Biarritz/Lourdes
• Language: tour commentated in the English language
• Reserve/book your tour/group at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Guided tours are subject to availability on the reservation date/s desired.
• Full booking terms and conditions available upon reservation.
• Advance/early booking is recommended/limited availability and booking capacity.
• Bookings subject to availability on date/s requested
• Restricted bookings on Sundays and certain Bank Holidays
• Booking request must be made by email.
• Reserve/book your tour at email@example.com.
• Booking deposit of 50% required to confirm any/each reservation
• Remaining 50% payment required 60 days prior to departure of Tour.
• Payment via PayPal, or by direct bank transfer in certain circumstances.
• In the event Operator cancels, tour/liability is limited to refund of payment received.V
• Operator will do its best to assist Customer with finding an alternative option.