Visit the Shrine and Basilica of Loyola and see the house where Loyola was born, the Saint Ignatius Tower. Learn about the history of the founder of the Jesuits.
Sanctuary of Loyola
LOYOLA is the birth place of St. Ignatius to Loyola founder of the Jesuit Order. The Cantabrian corniche en route offers spectacular views with limestone cliffs dropping vertically to the ocean, coves, beaches, and charming fishing villages that follow one another along the wild coastline.
Follow in the footsteps of St. Ignatius to Loyola, in a monumental complex built between the 17th and 18th centuries. Visit The Holy House, the life and conversion of the Saint; The Basilica, The Prayer Space; the Spirituality of St Ignatius and the history of the Order.
En route enjoy the little port of Getaria, Mount Jaizquibel, Zarautz, and Hondarribia.
• English-speaking tour-guide
• Bus/Coach picks you up and drops you off in Biarritz.
• Biarritz to Loyola along corniche travel time approx 1h00.
• Tour guide meets/joins bus-coach at your Biarritz hotel.
• Free-time in Loyola, and villages, before your return to Biarritz
• Hear the history of events that have shaped the story of Loyola.
• Visit Loyola’s iconic sites, the Holy House, the Basilica, and the Prayer Space
• Get tips on the best things to see and do in Loyola during your stay.
• Enjoy some of the best views of Loyola and surrounding countryside.
The basilica is located right in front of the old Loyola’s family house, where St. Ignatius of Loyola was born. Visit the “conversion chapel” (capilla de la conversion), where Ignatius had a God experience and decided to follow Jesus, founding the Jesuit Order years later.
Sanctuary of Loyola
• Transport from Biarritz to Loyola and return
• Guided tour of Loyola and its history
• Pick-up/drop-off in Biarritz
• The services of a professional guide
What’s Not Included?
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• Every day (excluding exceptional dates)
• Duration: All day en route and in Loyola
• Departure point: Biarritz
• Language: tour commentated in the English language
• Reserve/book your tour/group at email@example.com
• Guided tours are subject to availability on the reservation date/s desired.
Guided tour groups are limited to a minimum size of two persons
Each group participant pays their respective share of the total, in advance.
To reserve/book your tour/group; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(Pricing based on 2021 tariffs at time of publication)
Other Full Day Excursions
Larger group size prices available on request to email@example.com
• 1, When booking, please specify the tour option number of interest.
• 2, When booking, please specify the number of persons in your group/party.
• 3, When booking, please specify your desired tour Start and End dates.
• Bookings relate specifically to excursion option number.
• Bookings to one or more specific locations, available upon demand.
• When booking, please specify tour option number and date/s desired.
• Bookings option #1, Start Lourdes end Biarritz.
• Bookings option #2, Start Biarritz end Biarritz.
• Bookings option #3, select a destination below;
• 3A, Basilica of El Pilar, Spain
• 3B, Torreciudad Sanctuary, Spain
• 3C, Fatima Portugal,
• 3D, Montserrat (Barcelona) Spain,
• 3E, Nevers, France
• 3F, Other (link to all places page)
• Bookings for excursion option #4 upon email request only.
• 1, When enquiring, please specify the tour number of interest.
• 2, When enquiring, please specify the number of persons in your group/party.
• 3, When enquiring, please specify your desired tour Start and End dates.
• Excursion option #4
• 4A, Bordeaux,
• 4E, Other (link to all places page)
• Booking terms and conditions (in English) available upon request/reservation.
• Advance/early booking is recommended due to limited availability.
• Restricted bookings on Sundays and certain Bank Holidays
• Booking requests must be made by email.
• Reserve/book your tour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Booking deposit of 50% required to confirm any/each reservation
• Remaining 50% payment required 60 days prior to departure of Tour.
• Payment via PayPal, or by direct bank transfer in certain circumstances.
• In the event Operator cancels tour, liability is limited to refund of payment received.
• Operator will do its best to assist Customer with finding an alternative option.